aging skin 101
ACHIEVE A MORE YOUTHFUL‑LOOKING YOU
It’s a part of life — our skin changes as we age. It becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Facial aging actually begins in your 20s, when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both internal (genetics and natural aging) and external (sun exposure, smoking, stress, etc) factors.1 As part of the natural aging process, volume in the hands can also deteriorate over time, making them appear aged.2
WHAT HAPPENS AS WE AGE?
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity
- Hyaluronic acid diminishes as we age, causing skin to lose volume while increasing the chances for wrinkles and folds to appear
to combat signs of facial aging
THERE ARE THREE MAJOR KINDS OF ANTI-AGING TREATMENTS
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing modify the surface of the skin to correct visible signs of sun damage, such as fine lines, irregular pigmentation and blemishes.
Toxins, traditional fillers (hyaluronic acid) and collagen stimulators are injected into facial areas to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and restore facial contours. Hyaluronic acid can also be injected into the back of the hands to help add fullness and volume for a smoother, fuller appearance.
A wide range of surgical procedures exist, like liposuction, face lifts and fat transfers, which are used to remove excess fat, lift severely sagging skin or restore volume. These are the most invasive types of treatment.
Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription injection for temporary improvement in the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults less than 65 years of age.
- Natural-Looking: Dysport users maintain their natural facial expressions without the frozen look
- Long-Lasting: Results may last up to 5 months
- Fast-Acting: The majority of users saw improvement in just 2-3 days after treatment
- Trusted Results: Dysport has been on the market for 12 years in the U.S. with a proven safety record
Dysport and Resytlane Family Before and After – Christina
TREATMENT INFORMATION: 5o units Dysport in glabella; 2.5 mL Restylane® Lyft in cheek; 2 mL Restylane® in nasolabial folds and marionette lines; 1.5 mL Restylane® Silk in lips
The Restylane® line smooths away facial wrinkles and folds (Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne), provides subtle lip enhancement (Restylane, Restylane Silk), smooths the lines around the mouth (Restylane Silk), adds lift and volume to the cheeks (Restylane Lyft), and helps reverse the signs of volume loss in the back of the hands (Restylane Lyft).
- The Restylane line of products is formulated to act like your body’s own naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, restoring volume to your skin.
- Restylane Silk, Restylane, and Restylane Lyft use our innovative NASHA technology. This gives each product a unique particle size for tailored treatment.
- Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are flexible hyaluronic acid gels designed to give you the flexibility to show your natural range of facial expressions.
FOR FINE WRINKLES AND
FOR MODERATE TO SEVERE
WRINKLES AND FOLDS
LARGER PARTICLES FOR
SEVERE WRINKLES AND